Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DEN OF SPIN



DEN OF SIN SPIN

I have a love/hate relationship with spin class.  It's really good for you, works off lots of calories, helps my outdoor cycling skills and perhaps osteoporosis, ok I'm guessing on the osteoporosis.  Each Spin class has its own climate usually dependent on the Spin Instructor. When I'm not lost in thought or in the Spin Class music I often am having an "in my head" conversation with the instructor.  I've given most of these instructors nick names.  There's Zen Spin lady, Sparkly Spin, Cheer Spin, Nazi Spin, Kind Killer Kelly Spin, Speed Spin and so on.  So with keeping different spin personalities in mind here is how some of my "in my head" conversations have gone.

Spin Person     Good morning, ready to climb some hills?

Me                  Wow you're cheery and look around we're in a room, no hills

Spin Person     Your legs should be talking to you about now, what are they saying?

Me                  They're saying, you're a grandma, you could add a layer of fluff, just let all of this 
                        go.

Spin Person     You're heart rate should be up by now

Me                  Yeah that happened when I bent over to put on my spin shoes.  And why
                       aren't they designed a little more cute?

Spin Person     If you don't put your gear up high enough I'll come around and do it for you.

Me                  You don't have much joy in your life do you?

Spin Person     You should be tapping into your reserve tank about now.

Me                  Where does one go to buy one of those tanks?

I realize this imaginary conversation sounds a bit negative but its really hard to stay positive when you are sweating that much.  As I mentioned before there are many benefits to Spin so much so that I will continue to take part in a class whenever I can.  I have just one burning question, who's idea was it to design the spin room up a short flight of stairs? Walking out and trying to appear like you are in complete control of your limbs without grabbing the rail because people are in the way while wearing ugly spin shoes that are a bit bumpy is an athletic accomplishment within itself.  Don't even get me started on those Spin pants!

See you in class!