Thursday, May 8, 2008

So as I thought of different areas in which I could do some writing, it dawned on me that I am in the fortunate position to have moms of young children all around me. I am still a Mom and once did have three young children. I remembered that during those crazy, fun and amazing years of raising kids I had many times written down my thoughts and experiences. I'm going to dig them out now, if I can find that box in the garage, and hopefully share with you my experience, my mistakes, my sadness, my joy and my humor.

There's a movie titled "Waitress". In this movie a young wife becomes pregnant and isn't thrilled about it. In fact throughout most of the movie we find out that she very much thinks of this baby as a huge mistake. Her life isn't so good, her husband is horrible, things haven't went very well for her. The most wonderful scene is when she has the baby girl and they place that baby in her arms. In this scene everything around her is a blur. Everything except the baby. At that instant life comes into focus and the young mom makes some very healthy life decisions.

The role of motherhood can not be summed up in a few simple words or sentences. However, when pressed for an explanation or synopsis or summary of motherhood I guess I would explain it this way. When we have a child and that child is placed in our arms, at that second I do believe that we get a clue, a hint, a glimmer of God's heart and His unmeasurable love for us.......... and that quickly puts life into focus.